Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Place Value

As a teacher, I teach students the place value of #'s. You know, the hundreds place, the tens place, the ones place, etc. For example, take the # 237. The # in the hundreds place is a 2. The # in the tens place is a 3, and the # in the ones place is a 7. Through this journey the place value of #'s has become important to me. Like when the # in the hundred's place went from a 2 to a 1. That was an accomplishment. That # will NEVER change again. Lately, I have been watching the # in the ones place go down (which is nice). But today, I watched the # in the tens place go down one #. That makes me so happy!!! As of today, I have lost 58 pounds. I am so excited. I can't wait to watch that # in the tens place go down again!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment